Monday, May 08, 2006

Lum-oo!


Man, this was a spur of the moment thing, and there's probalby a million things I should've done instead (ie/ work, or commissions) but as soon as I sat at my art desk, this sassy bikini-clad alien babe popped into my brain and I couldn't sleep till I got her outta there.
Lum, or Uretsi... Ureetsi... forget it I can't remember how it's spelled, LUM was one of the first anime me, my dad and Shagster got into back in the mid 90s when anime was starting to break out big into North America. And even though I saw many more various anime afterwards, none can beat this one for its pure wacky zany-ness. She kind of brings to mind Betty Page now that I look at the final piece... I can't wait to see that movie.

..... and YEAH I gave her a big bum, DEAL WITH IT!

p.s. Argh... I just realised she has a weird man neck... and no real pelvis just a butt coming off her waste... and a broken shoulder... AAAAAUGH I need to go back to life drawing!!!!!!!!!