Sunday, October 08, 2006

24 hours and not a single comic!


Today is 24-hour-comic day so guess what I did??? Absolutely nothing save this Zelda sketch. BAH! I had such good intentions too! Today I was going to polish off a few commissions, do a whole bunch of Shrub Monkeys (so as to have a reserve ready for girlamatic) and get another Potterific done. Rather, I went for a wonderful autumn hike with my parents, checked out a halloween costume shop and some sushi, recieved a fantastic package in the mail (copies of a Harry Potter fanzine put together by various web artists and published VERY nicely by Johane Matte) and watched the BBC production of Pride and Prejudice (for the first time) and fell completely in love with Colin Firth all over again!
Somewhere in there I put on the Legend of Zelda cartoon from the Super Mario Bros Super Show (that Steven bought) for nostalgia sake... just something to play in the background while I sketched, but instead I got so wrapped up in it. It's just sooo bad it's good! And Link's personality is so drastically different from what you'd expect playing the games that it's hilarious! I can't picture Link from "Twilight Princess" trying to steal smooches or throw his indignant "excuuuuuuuuse me, princess" catch phrase at Zelda...