Saturday, April 22, 2006

Christine, Christine...


I was cutting 11x17 paper down to make proper size animation paper at work, and was left over with maybe 60 11"x3" sized papers. I didn't really want to chuck em in the recycle bin as I figured I could find a use for them. So I've decided to make a booklet of pinups based on characters and costumes I find to be beautiful... all in pencil crayon (the medium I used to use before I discovered photoshop). This is Christine's costume in the theatrical Phantom of the Opera, (during the "Point of no Return" song) which I found interesting because of its shifting balance between innocence and sexuality. Her feet are stupidly placed but I kind of slapped em on as an afterthought anyway... I also need more practice with hands and fabric and figuring out all that colour theory of a figure we learned briefly in life drawing...

More to come!